* We will identify shutoffs for gas, water, and electricity. All remaining appliances will be started.
* We will discuss maintenance issues such as filter replacements, humidifiers, and frequency of scheduling professional service for your furnace and air conditioner.
* The attic interior will be checked for water damage and recommendations for additional insulation and ventilation will be covered.
* The furnace, air conditioner, humidifier, and electronic filters will be checked.
* Your inspection will be done in accordance with American Society of Home Inspectors guidelines. Why ASHI? Ohio has no licensing requirements for private home inspections. ASHI inspectors must pass two comprehensive exams, and complete yearly continuing education. To view the complete ASHI home inspection standards, go to www.ashi.org/documents/pdf/standards.pdf
* The purchaser is always encouraged to attend, and ask questions during the home inspection. If the purchaser cannot attend the report, and photos can be e-mailed, faxed, or mailed the same day.
* A general home inspection will take 1 ½ to 2 hours on the average. The report will be written on completion of the inspection. You can expect to be at the house about 2 ½ to 3 hours.
* We will inspect all aspects of the home including but not limited to foundation, structure, electrical, plumbing, and interior spaces.