*Radon is a gas that is generated by the natural breakdown of uranium in the soil. You can not see, smell or taste radon. It is considered to be a Class A Carcinogen no different than second hand cigarette smoke. After smoking, it is the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
*Although some areas have higher concentration, location, style or age of the home is no guarantee that you do not have an elevated level.
*Testing requires a device placed in the home for a minimum of 48 hours. Installing the device in advance will allow for same day results on the day of your inspection.
*Do it yourself tests are available however they are not acceptable for a real estate transaction.
*The Ohio Department of Health recommends a radon test with all real estate transactions.